peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

2014 V10 in E450 motor home engine shuts down when slowing

Customer Question

2014 V10 in E450 motor home engine shuts down when slowing down after long run on freeway and no air flow thru engine compartment. No throttle response. Have replaces fuel pump, control module and engine control module.
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

One common component I have seen fail and cause shut down issues like this here is the crank sensor itself.Most engines use this type of sensor and it heats up and under extreme heat or wear with mileage on the engine it starts to fail.The most common time for it to act up/fail is when coming to a stop or at a stop after a drive.If this has not been checked into to see if this is the cause of the fault here this needs done and if found at fault it will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete