Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Is it possible to replace female socket on both

Customer Question

Is it possible to replace female socket on both dometic/waeco f400 & rc1180 3 way fridge/freezer with a common socket to enable a cheaper 12v cable option (as I need 2) ? Vehicle has anderson plug in place that was previously used to power caravan fridge.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You could, I suppose.............but the cost would be more than the cables and it would void the warranty so I wouldn't do that. If you have an issue later you will want to have the warranty intact. Hope that proves helpful here, even though it wasn't what you really hoped to hear. Please get back to me again if you feel more discussion here would be helpful as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the advice but I'm not sure how swapping out the sockets in the back of the units would cost more than the cables (which I can't buy anyway)? Also there is no warranty they are 2nd hand, I would just to know what is the best type of non-dometic socket is to use and what the procedure is? Thanks again.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Having never done that on these models, I can't say and I doubt any of us here have due to them being models we rarely see here. I think you might have to contact a local RV dealer over there or Dometic directly for that. I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something on this if they can.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you very much for your time, below is a link to a pdf about one of the units, are you able to pass this on to the next person please? http://www.rvwarehouse.com.au/assets/docs/Chescold_RC1180_Spare_Parts.pdf
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I would like to request a refund as I have not received a satisfactory answer and have not had any further contact.