Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have an: Atwood P/N MPD93253 2020-82 MICRO

Customer Question

I have an:
Atwood P/N MPD93253 2020-82
MICRO 50N-12-3-3-7-10-0-E23062
W/O(###) ###-####12VDC 1= .25A Iv=2A water heater
Im trying to install it In an old motor home
I need to know what wires are for what?
The water heater I took out of the motor home didn't have any wires I was ran only by propane. Please call me if you can XXX XXX XXXX
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Before I make the phone chat offer for you..........what is the model number on the data tag of the new water heater? I think that part number you gave me is just for the control board.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The data tag should be visible when you have the door open or off on the right side or bottom.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What door 😊
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The door on the water heater which is probably off right now.........look below the control board on that side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What door?😊
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Not the model number...........it will be below the control board and to the right of the burner.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Or just take a photo of the front and I can tell from that...........

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is a Suburban 6 gallon water heater with A/C element. I will add a copy of the Suburban water heater manual for you. See the wiring diagrams and also the one in the first photo you sent. See the wiring diagrams in there. If you still need a phone chat we can do that. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/subsw.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Does that give you what you needed? Red is the incoming 12 VDC feed. Yellow is the ground lead. Blue is for the light on the switch. It comes on when the board goes into ignition and off when it ignites. You will need the #12 cable for the AC side and a switch unless the old one had AC as well. I think on that older model the AC will be on the rear (if it has that).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m still not sure how to do this
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I don't think this will work unless you do a phone call.........I can't tell from the photo what incoming wiring you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already paid $5 ... Will I have to pay an additional $13 AND an additional $19 for a phone call? That'd be $37 total!! ??
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.
I don't set the fees here...........you should be able to go by the manual and what I already gave you. IF NOT, then perhaps call a mobile tech to come and assist you. I suspect that is more than $37 though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I just don't have that much on my card & didn't wanna pay an additional $35 overdraft fee is all.
Cant you just call me ?
XXX XXX XXXX
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You need a positive lead to hook up to the red lead and a negative lead to hook up the yellow lead to and blue goes to the switch light. The red goes to the positive side of the switch. You need that to hook this up. And no, I can't call you as that would be against the site rule and I don't make them. Sorry!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what the green wire is for or what to hook it up to. The manual dosn't say anything about the "green" wire
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is a ground lead and that is why it is hooked up to the white wire. IT and the yellow lead do the same thing really.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

If you look at the diagram, both of them are ground leads. One goes up to the switch and one grounds to the chassis someplace. You could hook it up to the ground lead on the pump. That is a black lead.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I hook the blue wire up to the ground ?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No..........it has to power the light on the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is no switch ??
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You will need to get that part............

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Our old water heater we took out was just propane not AC , we only want to use this new water heater for AC with Power on all the time. I'm trying to use the power from the water pump
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I think you need to have a mobile tech come over and assist you...........and I have to leave for the evening so I will opt of this and allow another tech to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't heard from anybody yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what's going on? I haven't heard from anybody???