Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Replaced the house batteries and the main won't switch on

Customer Question

Replaced the house batteries and the main won't switch on seems it has no power to it. The batteries are fully charged. I have no lights or power to fridge.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 12 months ago.

Are you sure you got the batteries hooked up correctly?

Expert:  Randall replied 12 months ago.

Check to be sure you didn't get one cable wrong or not connected at all. If you can, attach a photo of your hookups to your post so I can see what you have.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
All connection are correct it's almost like the main switch won't switch on everything worked after replacing the batteries and the battery charger is working batteries have 12.5 volts. The tv in front and back work but no lights inside and fridge won't come on. it is plug in to shore power won't work with generator either
Expert:  Randall replied 12 months ago.

Then you have something wired wrong...........if it was working fine before you changed them out and now it won't. Try jumping across the battery disconnect solenoid and see if you have power. And you should see about 13.7 VDC out of the inverter/charger. Attach a photo if you can so I can see the wiring and look and see if you dropped a cable down that didn't get connected. Easy to do.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Were you able to get a photo or this for me? Or were you able to get it sorted out?