peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Micheal. I have a 2012 crossroads rushmore and have problem

Customer Question

Hi Micheal. I have a 2012 crossroads rushmore and have problem with bedroom slide. Seems the motor on the right side will stop operating after 2-3 inches of travel;doesnt matter if in or out. Can put controller, a Lippert 13398-c2, in override mode and eveything is fine. LED's indicate fault code 8, hall sig not present. Any thoughts?
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can usually be a fault with the motor itself.I have seen motors fail and cause issues like this here needing replaced.Usually on some models the hall sensors are built in as part of the motor and the motor weakens causing failure.This will have to be tested further to see for sure that this is the cause here and the motor replaced if found to be at fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks Pete. I dont really understand the motor failure diagnosis. The right motor ONLY malfunctions when the controller is in the auto setting. When the controller is set to override, the motor functions perfectly, moving the slide in and out using the slide control switch. The issue seems to be more a failure with the controller. Is it possible that the auto control portion of the controller could fail while the override portion is functional? A motor replacement extremely expensive while controller replacement is easy and can be done in about 20 minutes in my driveway. Thanks again and any response would be greatly appreciated. Steve

HI Steve.

It is possible the controller is failing with the auto function failing in it but its difficult to say for sure from here.You would have to have this tested to be sure and if found at fault then replaced from there.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete