Wayne, RV Mechanic
Experience:  Work on several type of Rv engine, Trans, brakes
6825259

Just reading the answer I received! BUT ... 2nd part of my

Customer Question

Customer: Just reading the answer I received! BUT ... 2nd part of my question wasn't answered. -- During the past month when I've gone to start my RV it has just gone 'click' several times before finally turning over. Batteries are fully charged so no clue why it's got the 'click syndrone'! After several clicks, it DOES spin over at normal speed at starts right up.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Oops ... left for a minute. When I try to start it, it just goes 'click' several times -- but after disconnecting my battery cable and checking the 2 batteries finding they were fully charged, I reconnected the batteries. Clicked a few more times but then it DID spin over and started right up.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No hurry
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

2 things that will cause this issue

1st is dirty connection at starter, grounds at engine and starter

2nd is a faulty starter , it is glazed over on the armature

from spark Arc , I suggest to clean all grounds with sand paper

terminal and where they mount

if that does not cure it , replace the starter

I hope this helped you

Hi if this helped you

Please rate my answer 3 or more stars

If you need more info, use request button

Not Poor/Bad service

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Did you have the batteries load tested to be sure that they were good? Just taking a voltage reading on them isn't a good measure of their condition. I would do that first and be sure they don't have a shorted cell. That is how they act sometimes when this happens. One time they can start up the engine fine and other times you just get the "click" you describe. It can be from a key switch going bad. I had the same issue once in my Dodge and just installed a push-button starter switch in the dash and that solved that. Much easier and cheaper that a new key switch. Check the batteries first and then get back to me if they test out good. All follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected in most cases.

Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.

Morning

Just following up with you

Did my answer help you

let me know ,Please