Marty
Marty, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2012 Mercedes Sprinter chassis on my Fleetwood

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Mercedes Sprinter chassis on my Fleetwood camper. Every time I start it I see the 'wrench' with the number 86d showing next to it. I THINK that means there is a problem! I have had it go 'click' several times before turning over.
It just hit 20,000 miles -- any clue?
Category: RV
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** 86d is simply telling you that you are 86 days overdue for your maintenance service. If the service has already been performed you will simply need to have the service reminder reset. This message has nothing to do with the occasional click before it turns over. For that problem you will need to have the starting system and battery tested. It sounds like there may be a fault in one of those systems.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please click on a rating for my service as this is the only way that I receive credit from the website for helping you.

Marty