peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

I have a Winnebago 2007 Sightseer Model WFD35J. VIN:

Customer Question

I have a Winnebago 2007 Sightseer Model WFD35J. VIN: 1F6NF53Y360A15011 Serial #: 10D80H251476
Here's the level control panel that I have:
http://support.powergearus.com/techdocs/1422192.pdf
Here's the Digisync Unit that I have:
http://support.powergearus.com/drawings/1422193.pdf
Problem 1: I recently replaced the jack controller board because the slide was not going out, as it does not recognize that the parking brake is actually on. So the “Parking Brake” light comes on the Digisync panel. A local tech thought it might be the jack controller board, so I replaced it. However, same problem exists.
Problem 2: The next problem is that the left/rear side of my living room slide seems really broke. First, I can ONLY run the slide in the OVERRIDE mode—due to problem #1. The motor runs and turns but that side of the slide does not go out or retract. When troubleshooting, I can see the motor housing and as it's turning the housing bulges outward as if there's a cog or
Category: RV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The reason I put both issues together is one may have contributed to the other.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the park switch checked/tested at all this should be done.If a fault is found with the park brake switch itself this will need to be replaced/repaired to correct this issue here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for the reply. Yes I still need assistance. On the park sensor. It has not been checked by a mechanic yet. I am thinking it's ok because the dash indicator parking brake light does come on. However there is a cable under dash that runs from brake pedal to the Jack control panel, so possibly that's the issue. Any idea on part 2: issue with slide motor?

Your welcome.

With part 2 this may be a fault with debris binding up the slide track or the track itself at fault with it being damaged possibly.If the motor is bulging it sounds like it is operating but that the slide isnt moving due to a track issue.It is possible the slide motor itself is at fault internally needing replaced.Unfortunately the only way to tell is to have this inspected further.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I hadn't thought about debris causing issues with track. It's a good idea. I'll get under the rig on Thurs and see. It does look like I can get to the motor so I may just have to take it off and see what's going on there. Thanks

Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete