gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My 2008 Winnabago 30 ft. Vista with a single slide broke

Customer Question

Customer: My 2008 Winnabago 30 ft. Vista with a single slide broke while on vacation. ***** ***** Everts replace one complete slide out rack. ( motor, tubes, under the front slide mechanisium. Very expensive, but the unit works. I have the old parts and found the plastic nut that the screw scews into broken. I bought a new nut from Lippert #1612554/LCI#377214.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Atempting to install i am unable to get the plastic nuto line up support pins. it needs to go into the center tube unother 3 1/4 inches. Do I need to grind of the welds to do this? any help would be appr. I plan to fix and keep for a spare.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Herb Hasel Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I have never had one of those apart, so I would call Lippert Customer Service and have them give you some help with that. If you need the number the please get back to me and I can supply it. Thanks! All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not satisfied
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Sorry about that.........you are asking for something we rarely, if ever see.