Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My 2003 monoco knight rv....brakes failed. RV repair says he

Customer Question

My 2003 monoco knight rv....brakes failed. RV repair says he has to replace both front and rear master cylinders and sensor. Does not make sense to me that all three should fail at the same time. Total repair cost over $4000.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

To start off there was a recall on the brakes and it could cause allot of damage to the brake components. SO I would follow what the shop is recommending, but I would also contact Monaco or have the shop contact them to see if any of this will be covered for you, below are the details on the recall..... Robert

SUMMARY:

ON CERTAIN MOTOR HOMES, THE BRAKE ASSEMBLIES EXHIBIT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES THAT CAN LEAD TO CATASTROPHIC DETERIORATION OF THE WHEEL END COMPONENTS SUCH AS BEARINGS, RACES, SPINDLES, KNUCKLES, SEALS, HUBS, ROTORS, PATCH BOLTS, CALIPERS, BRAKE PADS, AND ABS SENSORS.

CONSEQUENCE:

THIS COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF CONTROL, AND/OR THE POTENTIAL FOR A FIRE.

REMEDY:

DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FRONT AND REAR BRAKE CALIPERS FOR CORROSION AND REPLACE OR REBUILD THE CALIPERS AS NECESSARY. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 18, 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT MONACO

NHTSA Campaign Number: 02V278000

Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert