Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2004 motor home has blinking cat eyes takes neutral or drive

Customer Question

2004 motor home has blinking cat eyes takes neutral or drive some times like brake still engaged
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert

This display indicates a communication problem and could be caused from low voltage, bad connection or faulty control unit box for the transmission. IF it will show neutral you should be able to pull codes. Click HERE and it will explain on how to check codes with the shift pad.

I would start and check your chassis battery cables, make sure they are clean and tight, and the main ground is secure to the frame and clean. Next verify your voltage, make sure it is not low. You could try pulling the main chassis battery cables for a few mins and see if that clears it. You also will probably have an Allison control box somewhere that has some mini fuses and relays in it, should say Allison on it. I would try and find that box and make sure all the connections are good,and the fuses, normally when a fuse blows in that box the pad will go dead. That control box can be located in several areas, sometimes they are near the chassis batteries, or in a storage compartment with other chassis components. I have even seen them in the dash under the shifter....

Hope this helps, Robert