Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

When I plug my motorhome into shore power, I dont get any

Customer Question

When I plug my motorhome into shore power, I dont get any electric power. It works fine on my generator. I get a di3 error code on my smart power box. Its like there is a transfer switch somewhere that isnt working. I push the bypass switch and that doesnt fix the problem. Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert......

Yes this sounds like a transfer switch issue, it will detect the incoming power source and switch between shore and generator power, sometimes the relay will hang up and you will get no power on one source, it can happen on generator power OR shore. The TS can be located in several areas. Sometimes it is near the shore cord in a box and other times it can be inside, Fleetwood does like to stick them behind the breaker panel inside, if you have AC power going into the TS but nothing coming out it has failed and would need to be replaced. Verify the source is good or try another supply to rule that out. I suspect the TS has failed not allowing the AC power through... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert