Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just purchased a 2002 coachman diesel i have lost power. def

Customer Question

just purchased a 2002 coachman diesel i have lost power. def fan,back up camera,power seat ,electric fans in front window,leveling jacks,power side mirrows
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all of thies things did not work at the time i bought it general rv fixed the problems i drove it 300 miles set it up lived in it for 3 mo then drove it home with all of it not working agine also forgot wind shield wipers also
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert..

These types of question can be very difficult without a wiring diagram. Sometimes on the outside you will have a BCC (Battery Control Center) inside that box are some solenoids, breakers, and fuses. DO you happen to see anything like that? IF so let me know the make and model.

You have to have a fuse box on the outside that powers all the items, one thing that catches my attention is the jacks not working, many times they will wire the jacks directly to the battery and sometimes they will use a shortstop style breaker, below is a picture. Some are thermal and some have a small tab that pops out when they trip, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the chassis frame or inside that BCC. You also might have more then one so if you see any I would be checking for voltage on each post. Measure voltage to chassis ground and it should be close on each post. I would also look for any block style plugs, many times they will bundle the 12 volt wiring and use a male and female block plug that plugs together. Sometimes they can vibrate loose or get corroded, something to keep an eye out for, it would be on the harness from the dash to the chassis fuse box. Once you find the fuse box for the chassis I would turn on the ignition and probe each fuse for power.

Also I see this was recently worked on, if it is a good shop they should have kept some type of record on what was repaired so I might see when you had the unit in what they did to get it working....

Another possible problem would be if you had a solenoid for the ignition, if that was the case all the dash power would be out. Not to common to find them but possible if all the dash power is missing...

Please feel free to follow up, if you have a BCC I might be able to assist you more. My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts, IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Shortstop

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no picture
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Did you click on the link?

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Shortstop link....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me go look havent seen any thine like that i did talk to the mec that worked on it he couldnt remember he said ive lost a ground
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Check you ground to the frame near the battery and at the chassis fuse box, make sure that connection is clean and tight, also sometimes they will use a ground bar mounted on the floor for the dash.... Let me know if you need more help, and I will try my best, ***** ***** a tough one... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert