Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Roof top A/C not runing need wiring diagran

Customer Question

roof top A/C not runing need wiring diagran
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What is the exact issue? Is the circuit breaker in the RV tripping? What is the make and model of the AC unit?

Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2005 keystone cougar...fifth wheel ...camper....my air condition unit will not come on by remote control or manually...I have reset the breaker....the lights in the manual control do not come on...
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
please send me the requested and paid for wiring diagram for the air condition unit....Have not received any info....
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

I am trying to help you on this and asked for the make and model of the AC unit, does it say carrier on the remote? There are several different brands of AC units Keystone used over the years.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Click HERE and see if this is your AC unit, if so it is a service manual and will show the wiring. IF not I am going to need the make and model, the make and model will be on a sticker on the AC unit.... Robert

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
IT SAYS ON THE REMOTE DOMETIC....This remote is like a t.v. remote has a built in off and on...temp control ..fan speed ..cooling and or furnace...the manual control which is mounted in the ceiling...has two buttons...a green and red that you can push to turn on unit ....the light in this control will not come on...
Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK

Let me check into this, I will respond. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

OK

I know the AC unit you are talking about but do not have any wiring diagrams on that. There is another expert that comes around and he might be able to provide you something. He would see this pretty quick so I encourage you to keep your question open.... Robert

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Did you check the fuse in the ceiling control box? I can get you a wiring diagram I think, but it may be tomorow as these are NLA and it might take some digging.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

IF the fuse is good in the ceiling control, remove the RJ-11 cable for the receiver out of the plug and plug it back in again. Same on the receiver. Let me know if that works. If not, get me the part number off the ceiling box control. It should be something like(###) ###-####005 or similar and I can help you sort this out.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Were you able to get this working again or do you still need more assistance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I try the things you toll me about did not work . Have it at RV repair shop now
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You will probably have to upgrade to the newer unit. Hope they treat you right on the cost.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Randall they call me today said going to wire in a wall therostat But they said they stil ldo not know if the if the A/C will run 'Is there not a way they can check A/C unit be fore they wire in therostat Thank you
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

If they are a legitimate shop, they should have all this information. If they don't, they can call Dometic and get it.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

And if they have the correct parts, it will work..........they make a kit for all their makes and models.