Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have gfic in a fifth wheel that keeps tripping and it

Customer Question

I have gfic in a fifth wheel that keeps tripping and it pippy backs two other wires I have 6 outlets out and two outside in the belly of 5th wheel 2014 Alpine 39 8 in with four slides, I'm thinking there has to be another GFIC switch that needs to be reset but I haven't found it yet? Haven't look outside under trailer
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Normally they will stick the GFI's in the bathroom and or galley but they can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, so I would search high and low and make sure you do not have one hiding on you. IF it keeps tripping when you reset it then I would be checking all the connections for each outlet that the GFI is on. IF you have a wiring issue at one outlet it can cause the GFI to trip. Normally you would go to the first no working outlet that is closest to the breaker panel and work away from the panel.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 11 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert