spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

I have ordered a new 2165-4 OB from caravanland WA, due to

Customer Question

i have ordered a new 2165-4 OB from caravanland WA, due to be delivered in March 2016
I want to Size up a generator to use when off the grid,running the Air-con and a Waeco 218 fridge i have sepecified in this van.
at present i have a EU20i honda which i think would be marginal.
Can you tell me the starting current and running current of these two appliances please,
Russell H
Category: RV
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

I would need complete make,and model number of air conditioner you are going to be using, they all draw different amps based on size, please post info when you get time?

Here is amp draw of fridge I assumed it was a ac/dc model if different let me know.

Rated Current 7.5A at 12V DC and 3.5A at 24V DC

Once we have gathered all info we can figure out what generator to use.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry i thought you were a Jayco person and knew the models EtcHaving not seen any detailed spec for the AC but i believe it will be a Coleman Mach 8.
the other significant power sucker is the Waeco 218 Litre fridge 240 AC 12V Dc . The rest of the potential load is small.What i am trying to do is to size a generator that could run both together
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Russell,

They install many different models and customers can upgrade models before customers take delivery, its best to ask and give you accurate information instead of guessing (Assuming), Hope you understand.

Give me a little bit to make calculations and find a Good generator for you to use.

Back in a few

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Russell,

240 volt fridge , with a 7Amp average whilst in the 'on' cycle, and 42.2Amp peak on startup

AC will draw 2000 watts, Running Watts @ Desert Condition 1913 watts for 1300btu model, 1811 watts for 1500 btu model

63 amps max starting amps ac unit for both models.

The max watts of your generator is 2000 watts so way to small.

If this has been helpful, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my personal service to you.

Questions or problems let me know I'm happy to assist.
Thank You,
spanky