Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Kwikee Level Best error message

Customer Question

Kwikee Level Best error message
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ignition key is in on position. Turn on the Level Best control panel. Press the auto-level button and get an error beeping and the LED under the auto button flashes red to green repeatedly. The coach does not evacuate the airbags and none of the manual jack buttons work either. Tried the three button "reset" process and it is supposed to beep, that does not work either.
This is the third time in 6 months we have had difficulty with this unit. LazyDays RV center replaced the control board and the manual jacks worked. they then replaced some auto-level board and the system worked once.
When the coach is in storage I do have full battery disconnects (both house and engine batteries are disconnected)According to the manual, the error message is something to do with "unable to communicate with auto-level sensor" Any help is appreciated.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The two biggest issues we see here on these systems are connections that get damp and battery issues. That includes cabless that need cleaning, especially to the chassis ground. Unplug the connections on the contol panel and control box and replug them in. Hopefully, this will cure that and please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
took the control board off and unplugged and re-plugged both connections on the back before I shot the video. (you did get the 4 min video?)If it were battery issues, my feeling is the control panel wouldn't light up.Where is the "auto-level" sensor? and the owners manual also state to check the level of the hydraulic fluid but does not indicate where that might be. I have an Onan generator in front, and a 240 Cummins pusher in back, no idea where to look for hydraulic fluid levels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, where would I find the control box?
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The level sensor box is mounted on the frame. I don't know where the control box is, but usually they are found in one of the storage bays. And no, I didn't get the video. Did you attach it to your post or e-mail it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can I email it? I attached it to the question.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Use the paper clip icon to attach it to your post......or perhaps the paperclip as that is how I attach them to send them to the customers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried your solution and no glory. Still not working.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I suspect that you might want to have a mobile tech in your area come by and assist you. Most RV shops have a list of those who do that sort of work and the RV parks do as well.