EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership experience
34559540

Need RV chassis mechanic. 2000 Ford F53 V10 6.8L engine.

Customer Question

Category: RV
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. You do have a wierd problem. I wonder if you have a bad ground and that is why it stalled when hitting the brake pedal. The ground for the brake switch, also does share the fuel pump and the powertrain control module as well.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Check for signs of any wires being chewed from a mouse. The ground in question is G204. Use the diagram I will attach to see its location. In the front by the steering column.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent you my phone number to call me. It's reving at only 400 rpm and does not respond to gas pedal.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

I do not have access to phone right now. Do you want me to open the question back up to the other experts as someone may be able to field a call.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Did you try disconnecting the MAss Air flow sensor on the intake tubing and see if that makes a difference?

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hello? Are you all set? You dont need any more assistance? I am a Ford tech that works on motorhomes.

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 12 months ago.

Have you got your motorhome running? try disconnecting the MAF? Let me know. Otherwise if you are all set please rate my service. Thanks.