Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Refrigerator 1200rim control fails on our rv. when we open

Customer Question

Refrigerator 1200rim control fails on our rv. when we open the outer door a red light is on in a little red box. when we hold a magnet next to the red light the red light goes out with a click and the refrigerator works. This happens about once a month. What can I do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Does the light come ON after the fridge has been running OR if the fridge is sitting, turned OFF?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That is the high temp cut off and if the fridge has been running and it is tripping it could be a sign of a problem with the cooling unit. When the temp gets to a certain point it will trigger that light. Also low voltage will cause that light to come on. What I might do is make sure the upper vent is clear and clean and clean out the flue canister on the fridge to see if that helps with the air circulation. The fridge might need to be pulled to clean the flue canister, the top will have a cap and under the cap is a spiral baffle that would come out. They do make special brushes for cleaning these. IF you smell ammonia, hear a gurgle when you turn it on OR see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge it would be a red flag. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. Make sure the fridge is level, and when the light is going off I would double check the voltage make sure it is over 11 volts... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Robert.