Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2006 comfort 28' travel trailer with slide out. regularly

Customer Question

2006 comfort 28' travel trailer with slide out.
regularly the slide out will not move from closed or open position. can hear motor 'clunking'. have to start movement using hand crank tool for a few inches, then try with the switch, and it usually works.
need new motors? lubrication? alignment?
please advise
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

The first thing to do is check your battery voltage, if the voltage was low then the room might struggle to get going. Most sliderooms are wired directly to the battery if the voltage was dropping below 10.5 volts it would be an issue. IF the voltage is good and you have a rail on the bottom I would spray it with some silicone spray and see if that helps. IF you have paint lines on the outside they should not be off more then 3/16" from the slideroom to the body, if so then it might need to be adjusted. If the paint lines look good and the room is not hitting then it sounds like the motor is the issue.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi....was just checking in to see if my answer helped....Let me know if you have more questions or concerns...... Robert.