Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall, I have a 2012 Toyota 4Runner and am shopping travel

Customer Question

Hi Randall, I have a 2012 Toyota 4Runner and am shopping for a travel trailer that it can tow. From what I have found it has a towing capacity of 5000lbs, but I have been told that a weight distributing hitch could add up 2500 lbs to that? Is this true? Any information regarding this is great, as I am very new to this....
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

The weight distrubion hitch doesn't help on the towing capacity, only the tongue weight. Other than than, you just need to stay within the specs of the hitch and capacity of the 4 Runner. Hope that helps on this. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 12 months ago.

Did you get all you needed here on this in order to make a decision or is there something more I can provide?