Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall, I have a 12 volt 300 watt cargo heater that has bit

Customer Question

Customer: Good morning Randall, I have a 12 volt 300 watt cargo heater that has bit the dust and have been trying to find a replacement. The brand is called Cargo Heat Model 3000RV
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry forgot to add my name, Patrick, the unit just does not work. No lights to indicate that the power is going to it (the assumption is if the ceramic turns on it is on) It is 25 amp, and internal fuse is good in the RV. The power cord is a 3 prong plastic snap in.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to RV Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I can wait. Got lots of honey-do's to accomplish and was just scanning the internet to see if I could find a replacement for this unit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking for me...........and what is the make of coach this is in? Most of these were in Monaco or HR coaches. I am enclosing a link to a good source for used parts. I have bought through them several times with good results. Hope that will prove helpful here. If they don't have one right now, let me know as there are other sources out there. All follow ups are included in our fee. http://us7.visonerv.com/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't have any thing close to a cargo heater at that source. The unit came out of a Four Winds Mandalay so I guess I will keep on looking elsewhere as this was a bust.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Check E-Bay Motors as lots of older RV parts are listed there. Also go to Arizona RV Salvage as I have had good success there. I am surprised that Visone RV didn't have one as they showed one for sale on E-Bay.