Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Copper Canyon FW292BHS. It has the black value with

Customer Question

I have a Copper Canyon FW292BHS. It has the black value with a pull cable. My Cable broke off when trying to open a sticky valve. How do I access the value as it is hidden behind the insulated floor? Is complete removal of the entire floor the only solution?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

No............we usually cut a hole in the belly cover so we can access the valve and cable. Easy to put some Gorilla tape on it when done. You can take out the edge bolts so you can pull the edge down and look into the area with a flashlight so you know where to cut it. The cable may have pulled out and just need to be re-attached. If you have to pull the whole valve out you may want to get a mobile tech to assist as this can be a real job. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Took it to dealer. They remove the bottom rather than cut hole. Replaced cable, dumped black tank at there facility and cleaned tank and valve.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Well, that is an option I suppose............and one reason people come to our site is to save a trip to the dealer and an opportunity to DIY and save some $$$ as well. But, even many dealers cut the belly and do this repair in an effort to save the customer money. Please keep in mind you asked me "IS complete removal of the entire (floor) the only solution?" and my answer gave you another one.