Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Forward arm on slideout doesn't want to bring in that side.

Customer Question

Forward arm on slideout doesn't want to bring in that side. Motor still works but spins. Have 2006 sightseer 30B. Had to hand-crank rear arm and push in front arm as the crank wouldn't work. Slideout has two motors(one on each arm with a synch unit that keeps them even. Seems like a shear-type pin might have snapped???
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

This does sound like you may have sheered a pin if the motor runs and the room does not move, have seen that before with the power gear/Digi sync motors. You also want to check the end of the motor for a handle, it would have a rubber boot on it and make sure the lever did not get disengaged, some will have a lever, click HERE to help id the motor and room you have. Info for this system is lacking as Lippert purchased Kwikee and removed all there manuals online. I would take a look and see if you have access to start to the motor and check where the motor hooks up to the rail and make sure the pin did not sheer. IF it looks difficult to access I think on this one I would have a shop tackle the repair, they can be difficult to work on. OR I would get a hold of Lippert to see if they can send you some troubleshooting. Hope this helps some. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving..... Robert