gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

2004 Chevy c5500 RV chassis. ABS light and chime goes off

Customer Question

2004 Chevy c5500 RV chassis. ABS light and chime goes off for no reason. Replaced the EBCM with new. Replaced brake pedal switch. No change. Reset to no light each time. Once vehicle goes above 5 mph light and chime triggers. Is there a recall on wiring harness? If so how can I fix it on my own?
Category: RV
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Hello what fault code are you getting ? And does the abs activate on its own when coming to a stop ? If I do not reply right away no worries I will reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C0052 at first. Then when chime starts going off it adds C0037 (left rear wheel speed sensor?) in the history, not current. I cleaned the relucter ring and sensor on rear left wheel. No change. The service brake with service brake light comes on as well. All connections are tight and clean. No rhyme or reason.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Braking is fine. No abs activated when I come to s stop. Brake lights work as expected.
Expert:  Lou P. replied 1 year ago.

Ok you need a scanner that can read wheel speeds and watch the speeds as the vehicle is moving to compare. Have you done that ? You can also use the AC voltage setting on your meter to read the sensor as you spin the wheel but the scanner is more effective