Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

If my 1998 chieftan is pluged in to electric current is the

Customer Question

if my 1998 chieftan is pluged in to electric current is the water system protected from freezing?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

It depends how cold it will get if it is going to be in the mid to lower 20's overnight it should be fine, I would run the furnace and open all the cabinets so the air can help get to the lines, normally if you are staying in the unit using the heater less chances of the lines freezing, if it is going to be in the mid 20's for an extended period or drop down to the teens then I would advise to winterize the unit.

Normally heated tanks are an option only and if that was the case you might see a small thermostat in plumbing bay....

Hope this helps... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi....was just seeing if my answer helped, if you still have more questions please feel free to contact me.....Robert