spankyjr1
spankyjr1, RV Mechanic
Experience:  I have been a mechanic/ technician for over 30 years working on gas,diesel,engines drive train,and electronics.
65057319

I have no power to lift pump on 2001 bounder diesel

Customer Question

I have no power to lift pump on 2001 bounder diesel ....where is the fuse or relay?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Are you talking about the hydraulic jacks? Does the solenoid click when you try to use them or not? Number and name on the touch pad so I know which system you have. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am talking about the diesel engine lift pump mounted on the frame
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

For your leveling jacks? What is the number and name on the touchpad?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its the diesel lift pump, no power to it.
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I don't do engine issues, so I will opt out of this and let another tech offer something for you. They come and go all different times so I don't know when that might be.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Would you please post engine make,model,and serial number?

When ignition is first turned on, does check engine light come on and then go off after a few seconds?

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

Let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Th check engine light stays on until you start it, Cummins 5.9 24 valve. ISB 275
Serial number YCEXN0359BAO
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for info.

When you checked for power at fuel pump was that just after turning on key?

If not get a helper and recheck after first turning on key and during cranking.

It's on a timer from ecm to only be on short time before cranking then shut off power until you begin cranking.

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Follow the lift pump wiring going to ecm, there should be a relay close to ecm on harness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry took so long to answer,I found a 6 pin relay next to the ecm, the wire said exhaust brake, no other relay, I am now looking for a fuse under the dash, I even started the coach and checked the wires.No hot wires
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I turn ignition on and check all fuses, in every fuse box since the RV builders sometimes move boxes around to fit their needs, it's hard to say were to look for fuse.

Once you find fuse replace and see if it blows right away,, if it does disconnect fuel pump and see if it stops blowing fuse,if it stops replace pump.

I won't be around much during the Holiday, hope you have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up to see if we resolved the issue, what it was ,or if you need more info.
I would appreciate a reply so I know you are happy with my assistance.
Please take a moment to rate my service so that I can get credit for my time from the web site.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
Thanks
spanky