Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Dometic RMD8551 not working on gas or 12V but works fine on

Customer Question

Dometic RMD8551 not working on gas or 12V but works fine on 240v.
12V - Fault light caution flashes and intermittently beeps
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This can usually be tracked down to two things. One the 12 VDC mode, you have to be in motion and have an alternator and battery setup that can handle the added load that the 12 VDC element adds to your system. It can be a bad element, but then it won't cool at all. Low DC voltage allows it to work, but not well. On LP mode the issue is usually low LP pressure at the tank regulator and that should be checked and adjusted at least once a year. It can be due to a dirty burner that has some bug debris in there that is causing the flame to be less than it should be. Those are the things I would check first. Do you have the manual for this? It should give you the causes of the flashing caution light and beeping. Please get back to me once you have checked these items and we can dig deeper into this if needed. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if the information I provided was helpful and if you still need some additional information to resolve this issue?