Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a new Thor Hurricane and have tried to heat this baby

Customer Question

I have a new Thor Hurricane and have tried to heat this baby up (i.e. turn on the heat) via the thermostat. When I turn it on it doesn't do anything. There is no blower noise, nothing...
I have taken the front panel off from the external exhaust panel and check on the manual reset switch. Turned it off and back on with no change. there is a red light blinking which I believe indicates that there is a limit switch/airflow problem...
I have check all of the batteries, the intake vent, and am at a standstill... Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Do you happen to have the make and model of the furnace?

Go and unplug the connector on the circuit board and then plug it back in and see if it tries to start if the fan comes on let me know if it is sparking. IF it still does not come on after you unplug and plug the connector back in I would have the circuit board tested. Most RV shops have a special board tester and can tell if the board is the problem. As soon as you turn the thermostat ON the blower should come on and then after the blower comes up to speed it passes a signal to the circuit board and you should hear it sparking. I am thinking if you unplug the connector and plug it back in it should reset and at least allow the blower to come on, it might fault out again but need to know if it is sparking.....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answered helped or if you have anymore questions on this.....

Robert