Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Beaver contessa 2008. Step is stuck in out position. Fuses

Customer Question

Beaver contessa 2008. Step is stuck in out position. Fuses seem ok. There us a loose wire under the step
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

What I would do is try to jump the motor direct and see if the step moves, make sure you swap the jumper wires as the step will reverse direction. IF the step does not move bad motor. I would next check the harness going into the control box which is next to the motor, make sure it has power, if it has power then the control box could be at fault. You should get a click from the control box each time you open and close the door. As far as the lose wire really difficult to say. IF you can get me the manufacturer of the step I might be able to assist you more. Sometimes there is sticker on the step...... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... Was seeing if you still need more help on this, follow ups are included if needed....

Robert