Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My gulfstream conquest 2007 does not get any power from the

Customer Question

my gulfstream conquest 2007 does not get any power from the generator. It is the guardian 3600 watts
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

So you are saying when the generator is running you are not getting any AC voltage inside the RV? Do you have a cord you have to plug in coming off the generator OR is it automatic all you do is start the generator and you have power available....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does have an outside power cord but it does not plug into the coach. It is automatic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the inside breakers. Do I need to get into the distribution panel?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Did you check the breakers on the generator? Most generators will have 1 or 2 breakers on them.... Let me know...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will go check them....be right back
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, then I can tell you what the most likely cause is if they are not tripped.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you going to call?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

There is an additional charge for a phone service and when I clicked on it did not go through, I will try again.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

We can go back and forth in this format as much as needed. Did you check the breaker(s) on the generator?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did pay for the call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need to get this thing going. I paid for a call and they say you are not available
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

It is not allowing me to accept that service, I do not handle the money or payments. I will try and refresh the page and see if it works.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked the inside breaker, the breaker on the gen set and the distribution breakers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forget the call.....Sorry, the RV Mechanic is unable to call you right now, but is still available for this online conversation. You have not been charged for the phone call. This is what it states
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert??
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

The most likely cause is the Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) the ATS detects the incoming power source and will switch back and forth between shore and generator power. Sometimes when they fail you will not get any AC power at all inside the RV. You will have to locate the ATS, it could be next to the shore cord outside or inside behind the breaker panel under the bed etc. The shore cord and generator cord will go right to it. IF you have incoming power from the generator going into the ATS and nothing coming out it has failed. IF you have no power at ALL then it is going to be an issue with the generator if the breakers are good. I might also try and plug into shorepower and see if all the power comes back..... Sorry I am responding as fast as I can.....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shore power does work
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the ATS could be at fault on this, they can fail and it can happen on shore or generator power. The only way to know is find the ATS and see if you have voltage going in and out of it, the shore cord and generator cord will go right to it. No AC power at all at the ATS then generator problem....

Hope this helps...Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the generator is running, I found the switch, the switch does not operate. When I manually press the switch down the coach gets power
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I manually keep that switch down?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

So is that on the ATS? that switch IF so what is the make and model of it?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is the PD5110 generator transfer relay from Progressive dynamics
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Let me take a look real quick...

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Click HERE for the troubleshooting.... If you are pressing down on the center of the relay and it is allowing the AC power to work I would not run it like that....

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert