Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Venture landing gear jacks power. The side without

Customer Question

I have a Venture landing gear jacks power. The side without the motor is locked up and shears the bolt that connect the square tube
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That shows that the teeth on the gears are locked up OR the leg screw mechanism may be bound up. Taking the top off and looking at the gears would tell you for sure. You can buy a gear replacement kit if that is what it is, otherwise you need a whole new leg. Those are available as well. Plan on about $85 or so for the gear kit or about $180 for a new leg. If you are fairly handy with tools this isn't that hard to do and I can guide you in this. Hope that proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to sort this out yet, or do you still need some assistance with it?