Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Ok have newmar air and the auto slide tray in the basement

Customer Question

ok have newmar king air and the auto slide tray in the basement comes out and will not go back in have to go on the othr side and bring it in
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What year is your Newmar?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is 2015 6 months old
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

It sounds to me like it is an issue with a limit switch or something is going on with the motor for the auto slide, I am not so sure I would mess with it since it is only 6 months old, if you start taking things apart you could void the warranty so I might have the dealer take a look at this to see if it is a component failure. Normally I would find the motor and try and jump power and see if it runs back in, jumping the motor would make it run one way and then swapping the jumper wires would make it run the other way. If you still want to try and fix this yourself please get me the manufacturer and model number of the slide tray.... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor works because it pulls back from the opposite side and I don't open things till I know from experience what the issue might be . It's a minor problem and could attend when close to a dealer located in Miami near dealer north trail 500 dollars in full and maybe two days of my life I don't think I am the only one which this problem
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Normally you would have a year warranty from date of purchase and it should be covered, but get the loss of time getting to the shop, do you have a manufacturers name on that tray? Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Click HERE and see if that is yours, use the drop down arrow and it will show some info on this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not at the unit at this moment . All parts motor limits and reverse momentaries are generic This is something that worked properly when purchased maybe something out of alignment or part Gone bed can only be reverse switch or. Limit looking for experianse to narrow down .
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I will put your question back up for other experts, my goal is for you to be satisfied. We try and reach out to each customer. I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily..... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Robert will do
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

If it is the one I sent in the link I might try and reprogram it and it says RF interference can cause it not to work so make sure you have no chargers plugged in or anything like that. To me it is sounding like a limit switch if it goes one way and not the other, I am not sure where the limit would be maybe inside the control box... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Robert this work is done with home in mind they use three limits and two reverse genetics granger parts nothing in control box all work exposed . No programming involved . I am an electrical contractor by trade before I open or try anything looking for comon acurance experiance .