Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

How do i test and locate a power converter on a 2002

Customer Question

how do i test and locate a power converter on a 2002 sunnybrook model 26 fk
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

The power converter will be part of the main breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet. The stand alone style can be in several locations, it changes from year to year and model to model. It could be under the stove, fridge, behind the breaker panel under the bed or could even be outside. If it was outside you might see a vented panel, that would be a clue for location, sometimes they are near the battery.

The converter should have AC power going in and the cables coming out should have around 13 volts when you are plugged into power. The converter will charge the battery so if the battery is not being charge I would look for a breaker. Sometimes they will use one on the cable from the converter to the battery, below is a picture, most have a small tab that pops out when they trip. As a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery, IF you see any make sure the voltage on each post is the same to ground. Sometimes it can appear the converter is bad but if that breaker is tripped then it could be the issue.

Beyond that I would need to know the make and model of the converter, I should be able to send you more info for testing.... Robert

Breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a 2002 sunnybrook modei 26fk
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Understand was hoping you had the make and model of the converter. Try looking for a false panel near the fridge and stove and see if it is in that location, many times they will stick them under the fridge, stove or behind the breaker panel. IT will plug into an outlet. Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in and seeing you were able to locate the converter?

Robert