Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 2012 winnebago Access. The power inverter that is

Customer Question

I have a 2012 winnebago Access. The power inverter that is behind the Fuse panel, is not charging my coach batteries. To replace the inverter I would need to replace the inverter and rewire the complete fuse panel. Is there another way around this, beside having a charge connected when I am on the land line. The batteries charge well when we are driving.
Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

IT sounds like you are talking about the power converter, the power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage and charge the battery. Really no way around keeping the battery charged without the converter. Before you replace the converter I would make sure you do not have a tripped breaker near the battery, many converters will use a breaker on the charge line from the converter to the battery. Below is a picture most have a small tab that pops out when they trip, as a general rule they like to stick them 18" from the battery and can be on the frame OR in a battery control box. IF you see any I would be checking the voltage on each posts to make sure it is close on each side. I wanted to mention this because I have seen good techs replace the converter when the problem is the breaker.

I might consider having a shop do the wiring if it needs to be replaced and you would get a warranty and not have to worry about it.

Hope this helps some, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Breaker.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Breaker....

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert