Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I get half a crank on my Onan Micro Quiet 4000 generator and

Customer Question

I get half a crank on my Onan Micro Quiet 4000 generator and then nothing... I just continues over and over again when I hold the switch down.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just so I understand the problem........you start to crank the set over and it barely cranks up and quits. Like just a few seconds. Correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That sounds right, when I press the button to start the generator, it starts the first part of the crank and then stops (less than 2 seconds), then it tries the same process again. It shows the problem I am having in the video provided. goo.gl/Ss7aOX
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

This can be caused by a number of things. A bad ground from the set to the chassis/battery, a bad connection (dirty) in the set and usually on the control board, or the board itself. Do the easy ones first so you can eliminate those and if you are still having an issue like this I would replce the control board and go with an after market board made by
Flight Systems as they are superior on construction. Most of the Onan stuff today is made in China. The phone number for them is(###) ###-####and they are listed online. Hope that proves helpful here. I should have added that you might want to have the battery(s) load tested to be sure they aren't breaking down under load. Cells that are failing can do that sometimes. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.