Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Randall, I am looking Duotherm thermostat (part #

Customer Question

Hey Randall,
I am looking for a Duotherm thermostat (part #(###) ###-####005) It is out of my 1995 Alfa Gold 5th wheel with a basement A/C
unit. Looks like there has been a short in the thermostat unit. Have you any idea where I can find one or if it can be replaced with a newer one. I did see from one of your posts that a home model might work???? Any ideas??? Thanks
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Many of those older Duotherm thermostats are NLA and you have to upgrade to a new setup. I don't know if they make one that will work on a basement A/C and will have to check. I will get back to you on that, but give me the model number of your A/C unit so I can get the correct info.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the model of my basement A/C unit is: 39224601 (24,000 BTU) It is installed on a 1995 Alfa Gold 37 ft. 5th wheel. Made by Alfa Leisure products. Not sure if they are even still in business? The thermostat is a Duotherm by Dometic P/N(###) ###-####005.thanks, leigh
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Let me call Dometic and get back to you later today........

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Not goo news.........none of their newer thermostats will interchange. You will need to find a new one at a surplus place or used one. Try Northwest at(###) ###-####as they bought a bunch of that sort of thing when Monaco went out of business. I just got a new HWH part there for less than 1/2 of new price. E-Bay is a good source sometimes. Also
Arizona RV Salvage. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Should have been "good" I think.......LOL!

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Last resort if none can be found would be to rewire this using a different control board and thermostat. That model is different than all the rest so it can be a challenge I suspect, but not for a good HVAC guy. Send me a photo of the thermostat with the cover off and maybe I can think of something.