Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have an N621 and consistently get the N code. I have

Customer Question

I have an N621 and consistently get the N code. I have re-set via jumper wires several times and it works very temporarily then I get the N code. I only seems to work in LP mode when it is working... Any ideas?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

So it is not working on AC power and when you do run it on LP it shuts down with the N code?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Normally when this code comes up it means no cooling is detected by the controls, if it is happening after you run it for a short time you could have something wrong with the cooling unit. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge or hear a gurgle when you turn it on. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both sources and that code that is coming up. What I might do is remove the fridge and set it outside, clean the flue canister out really good, and then try and run the fridge on level ground and see what happens, having it out of the enclosure will ensure it is getting proper air flow and the unit is level, you could have another issue if is is not running on AC power at all, the heating element should be ohmed out to make sure it is good, if the fuse on the board is good, you have good AC voltage at the plug and the heating element ohms out good then I would lean towards the circuit board. Click HERE for a service manual and it will show you how to check the element out. I might also have a RV shop diagnose and go from there.... Hope this helps... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi... I was just checking in to see if my answer helped, if you need more help please let me know... Robert