Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I will be buying a 2005 Sunstar 36Y. Average temps here in

Customer Question

I will be buying a 2005 Sunstar 36Y. Average temps here in GA can fall into near freezing. 2 ac/heat pumps. Any way or is there a type of package for installation protecting pipes and tanks that can be installed?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IS the unit going to be sitting OR are you going to be using it in the cold?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Normally if you are staying in the unit and using the plumbing it would take a good amount of time with temps in the mid 20's to freeze the lines. IF you are not staying in the unit then it should be winterized to protect the lines and tanks. Most RV stores like camping world will have heat blankets that you can lay over the tanks, it would have an adjustable thermostat and would need a power source to plug into. For any exposed lines on the outside you can use heat tape that wraps around the lines, they are both easy to install. IF you are not staying in the unit then it should be winterized with non toxic antifreeze. Let me know if you have more questions, follow ups are included... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert