Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Just bought new 2016 Winnegago Vista with residential

Customer Question

just bought new 2016 Winnegago Vista with residential refrigerator and ice maker. i have had the water pump on and using shore power since we bought it home couple days ago. this mornign i still only have not quite a 3rd of a tray of ice. the ice that it has made is large so i assume it is getting the water it needs. can you help?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

It takes a good amount of time for the ice maker to cycle through, and if it is a new unit you might have some air in the lines so when the solenoid opens up it might not be getting the water it needs to make the full amount of ice. IT also could be an issue with the ice maker and if you just purchased this I would have the dealer take a look at it, if you start pulling the ice maker apart and there is an issue you could void the warranty have seen that before. I might let it go another full day and see what happens, if it is still not working properly I would have the dealer take a look, should be covered under warranty and you do not want to disturb anything as they can put the blame back on you..... Hope this helps some. IF you still need more help please get me the make and model of the fridge, should be able to send you an owners manual if you do not have one.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

If you still need more help please let me know, follow ups are included, please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert