Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have 93 pace arrow diesel with Allison transmission do not

Customer Question

I have 93 pace arrow diesel with Allison transmission do not shift light on shifter blinks off no power to transmission
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I would start off at the chassis battery and verify your battery voltage, make sure all the cables are clean and tight, look for a smaller gauge wire with an in-line fuse and make sure it is not blown, many of these older units will use power for the transmission directly from the battery and they will use an in-line fuse, normally that fuse would be 18" from the battery. IF the fuse is good or you do not see one I would next look for the Allison control box, location will vary, sometimes it is outside with other electrical componets and other times it can be under the shift pad inside the dash, the harness from the shift pad will go to this box, inside this box are some relays and two mini fuses make sure the fuses are good. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi just checking in and seeing if my answer helped, follow ups are included... Robert