gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I purchased a 94 Dutchman. A/C worked but only by turning

Customer Question

I purchased a 94 Dutchman. A/C worked but only by turning the breaker on & off. Was told I needed to replace the thermostat & control kit. A/C is a Durotherm 57915.621. Purchased a Dometic Duo Therm A/C(###) ###-####000 Single Zone LCD Thermostat & Control Kit. No directions for installation. I have done my best but not working. Is there somewhere I can find installation instructions to make sure I am doing this correctly?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I can get you that as soon as I get home for lunch. These only use 3 wires. The wiring schematic is in the lid of the control box. You need 2 spade connectors for the furnace leads. Let me know what make and model of thermostat you had before. Sometimes that makes a difference.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Go to the attached link for a copy of the operating instructions........... http://www.primetimerv.com/download/ComponentManuals/Thermostat-SingleZoneDigital-Dometic-OperatingInstructions.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Did you look inside the lid on the control box at the wiring diagram? This is usually easier and quicker with a phone chat. I am making that option available for you.