Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

1998 monaco diplomat. entry door sticking. door unlocked

Customer Question

1998 monaco diplomat. entry door sticking. door unlocked pull handle and can hear mechanism working, but seems to be catching. has been difficult to open until lubricated. now won't open at all. frank
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like the linkage inside the door could be at fault. When you shut the door you should hear two clicks as the door latches, if the door will not open right now try applying pressure to the door and listen/feel for that second click, sometimes if it is in between the door might not open until you get that second click. Once the door is open you will have to pull the door panel and inspect the linkage. I was looking for specific info on this and came across a forum that has pictures and instructions on how to adjust the door, has some good information. Click HERE to view that, it may help. The print appears to be right around your time frame. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert