Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

What's the magnet trick Norcold frig?

Customer Question

what's the magnet trick for resetting Norcold frig ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

As a licensed and certified tech, I am NOT allowed to answer that. There are huge legal problems IF I do and then you have a fire caused by you not allowing an inspection of the fridge as Norcold requires. It can be dangerous and that is the purpose of the safety kit being installed. I do realize that there may be some techs on this site that aren't licensed that are willing to do this and have in the past. That is there call. The reason this happens is that it is alerting you to a potential dangerous situation and you shouldn't avoid having it checked at a certified facility. Sorry I can't accommodate you in this.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I understand Randall's point and it is a good one however I have seen a dozen of these trip for low voltage. Click HERE and it will explain the reset. IF the light comes back on then you will have to get it looked at. The sensor could be at fault or you could have an issue with the cooling unit. Sometimes when a cooling unit fails it will trip that sensor. You might not have any symptoms if it is blocked but for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder or hear the fridge gurgle when you turn it on, if that is the case do not use the fridge. Hopefully it was just a low voltage issue that caused the sensor to trip..... Hope this helps. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert