gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

I have a Atwood HE propane refrigerator camp. The 12 volt

Customer Question

I have a Atwood HE propane refrigerator for my camp. The 12 volt battery went dead and now when I hook up a fully charge 12 volt all of the lights on the display come on including the check and they all stay on?? Is there a reset button or is something else possible wrong?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You may have damaged the control board when the voltage dropped. When this happens, the amperage spikes. Did you disconnect the power and rehook it up again? IF NOT, turn the fridge off and disconnect the DC power into the board at the rear of the fridge.......let it sit for a few minutes and then hook it back up again. You can do the same thing by NOT having the AC power on and disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Then hook it back up again and turn it back on. Let me know what happens and we can go from there. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unhooked the battery(DC) for several hours and the (AC) power as well? The board still lights up with the whole display lit. Is there a reset for this problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry mixed up the AC/DC either way I've unhooked both power sources and still have the same problem
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Then I suspect that the board is damaged, but let me dig out my manual on this when I get a few minutes. I am still at the shop for about another hour. I will get back to you today.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Go to the link for the manual on this and see page 9. Several other things to check. Can you check the DC fuse after you get the cover off the board? http://www.atwoodmobile.com/manuals/refrigerators/ENGLISH_Refrigerator_Manual_8.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Was the fridge out of level for some time here?