Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a 1999 dutch star gas V12 engine 34 foot the ref is

Customer Question

I have a 1999 dutch star gas V12 engine 34 foot the ref is leaking amonia can it be repaired or do i have to buy new one.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

The cooling unit has failed and would need to be replaced. A new cooling unit can be installed but that is going to cost more then 1/2 of what a new fridge will cost. The labor is more as well to replace the cooling unit. In the shop it takes about 4 hours to replace the cooling unit vs 1.5 hours swapping the fridge out. I would consider a new one as you will get a warranty and not have to worry about other components failing... Hope this helps some, If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.... Robert