gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

Help please have to move my motor hme but it want start

Customer Question

Help please have to move my motor hme but it want start slready change tge starter n alternator n battery n puyt a new battery isolator it started i put on the lights n when i shut it of bsttery went desd seems its being drsined badly it started again for s moment then as sion as i press tge gas pedal it shut off now only clicks n icsn hear a noise from the distributor cap im completly baffled whst can we do next finance is draining
Category: RV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As i said ive changed the starter n alternator n put on anew battery isolator it stsrted tgen i push the gas n it died bsttery went dead immediately nowit just clicks n ihear a noise in tge distributor im desperste what ti do next time is of the essence it hasto be moved please hekp im pabicking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  spankyjr1 replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, sorry for delay, my name is ***** ***** you for asking your question, I will try and help you out.

Did the battery go dead from leaving lights on?

What size engine? 454 chevy

do you know if its throttle body, Carburetor,or ported injection?

How long has it been sitting?

When you first turn key on do you hear fuel pump turning on? You may need a helper remove fuel fill cap turn key to on engine off,,you should hear fuel pump turn on for about 5 seconds and shut off.

When you changed starter did you reconnect ground strap?

Do you have a volt meter?

Let me know

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:
1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.
The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)