Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Why would one of the 12 volt light work but the others

Customer Question

Why would one of the 12 volt light work but the others dont.. Just to let you know we just replaced one of the batteries on the 85 winnebago minnie winnie
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

Where is this light located and is it the only one that is not working? IS there other lights that are working that share the same switch?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the light thats working is over the stove . the other lights are not working. Just fyi this all started with the furance not working so we thought it was the battery at that time the lights worked ,so we replaced the battery then the light over the store worked but no other lights.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

So is the furnace, water pump and all the other DC items working?

Thanks, Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
furnace is not working water pump not sure No other dc items working . Only light over the stove is working
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

Do you have a house disconnect switch inside near the entry step?

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

OK

I would first go to the house battery and follow the cables, make sure you do not have a breaker that is tripped, many times that breaker will be 18" from the battery and can be on the frame or in a battery control box which would be outside. Most breakers will have a tiny tab on them that will pop out when they trip. IF you see any breakers the voltage on each post should be the same to chassis ground.

I would then go to the fuse panel inside and probe each fuse for power. Make sure the main wire to the fuse panel is clean and tight.

With all the DC items not working but the one light sounds like you have a breaker or blown fuse, the lights and furnace should be on separate circuits or each have it's own fuse so have to see if DC voltage is getting to the fuse panel. Robert

Breaker.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the accessory fuse and circuit have power Light fuses have no power Where is the breaker
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

You would have to follow the cable from the battery and see if they are using one between the battery and fuse panel, sometimes they are on the chassis frame or they are inside a battery box with other fuses and breakers, it would be outside, it normally will supply the interior panel. Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Robert we will look at that torrowo
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good let me know if you need more help. Please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hubby says he will look at it wedsday
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

10-4 I am around daily and respond when I can... Robert