Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Why is my rv refer iceing up @ fins on refer side? dometic

Customer Question

why is my rv refer iceing up @ fins on refer side ? dometic mod # *****
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is usually caused from door gaskets that are leaking air. They may be dirty or torn. Take a good look at those. The other thing that may have happened is that you may have some hinge fatigue and that is keeping the door from sealing up. Check that and see with a dollar bill all around the edges. It should resist pulling out. Please get back to me if you need more as all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am adding a link to the Dometic Service Manual for you. See the section on door adjustments and gaskets. Print out a copy or Bookmark it so you can come back to it again later. And not sure if you checked the switch under the eyebrow area that controls the humidity inside...........perhaps you bumped that into the off position. That controls the heater around the doors which helps prevent icing up. Don't put food into the fridge uncovered or that are still warm as that leads to more of this. Please get back to me if you need more on this. Thanks! http://www.beamalarm.com/foretravel-links/PDF/dometic_rm7030_7732SM.pdf

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back to see if you were able to resolve this or do you still need some assistance here?