Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My norcold refrigerator is not getting cold

Customer Question

my norcold refrigerator is not getting cold
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Have you tried running the fridge on both AC power and LP? Are you getting any faults on the control panel inside?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Normally if you get no cooling on both LP and AC it can be an issue with the thermistor or cooling unit. You can unplug the thermistor connector inside the fridge and the fridge should go to BOS which is backup operating system and the fridge should get VERY cold after a few hours. IF it does then bad thermistor. If the fridge will still not get cold then the cooling unit could the issue. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked, for a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge OR hear a gurgle when you turn it on. For a blockage you might not have any symptoms at all but no cooling on both sources. Make sure the fridge is level if not re-level let it sit for a few hours and then try again. Also Click HERE for a service manual, it will show how to test the thermistor with a meter. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, please keep in mind I only get credit when you select a rating. Follow ups are included.... Robert